BURNING YOUR NEW CANDLE
- Good things take time, so don't rush in and simply light up your candle... follow these easy steps and your candle will perform at its very best...
- To prevent 'tunneling', burn your candle until the entire top of the wax is liquid - this is vital for the first burn, if you burn only a small burn pool (of melted wax), the wax will remember this 'edge' and only burn to this line every time - this will result in pretty much no fragrance throw.
- Do not burn your candle for more than 4 hours at one time (large size) - any more than this and it is wasting the wax - in a good quality candle, the fragrance should still linger in the air after it has been extinguished.
- Always trim the wick to 6mm before relighting to ensure the wick/flame is working correctly. Wicks that are too long, or have the 'mushroom-head' carbon build up, will soot and put excess black smoke on your beautiful vessel.
- Do wipe the vessel clean if some black smoke builds up.
- Most importantly - burn your gorgeous candle! Do not save it like precious china hidden away in a cupboard. It was created for you to use and enjoy.